Saturday, February 16, 2008

February 16, 2008 Greenhead Calm- finished

7 1/2 x 10, watercolor and pastel on board
I finished it today. First I lightened the greens and then I decided to take out the dock. It simply needed more water to be calm rather than distracting detail in the foreground. I also needed to strenghten the eyes path through the painting.
All the time I kept correcting myself about my hand's hold on either the brush or more often the pastel. After reading an article on brain research I am really working on the message I send to my brain. For instance, when you hold the brush or pastel like a pencil you signal to the brain., "writing... left side of the brain." Where I want it to say, "painting, creating... right side !"
Now you can see how a painting goes through its changes. Back to work!

No comments: