Tuesday, November 20, 2007

November 20, 2007 Road to Lewes

Should it matter that my framer (with a scrunched up nose) told me yesterday that I am getting more representational and less abstract? Yes, it bothered me. But I guess when I think about it, yes, I long for abstraction within reality. I also want, more importantly, a painting that has emotion. Therefore, I went straight to clouds. Using a photo from this summer, remembering my friend Turner, I got to work. Hmmmm. I'll look at it tomorrow.
On another note today I will go to the Shendandoah to do sketches for later paintings. I do not know if I will have an internet connection. So I may post late. Toodles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cloud paintings are always good. You really need to come here to paint some good ones though. Never mind people who scrunch up their noses.