Sunday, November 4, 2007

November 4/5, 2007 Winter's Coming

All of a sudden I had an idea. I was in bed and I couldn't sleep. Winter... Prime Hook Refuge, my favorite time of day. All I had was my memory, but I could feel it. I had one big board left, 15x20. Kinzo (my cat muse) came and joined me in the studio. Sometimes you just know what to do. Can you feel the cold? But it's so nice, quiet and serene. Makes me want a fire in the fireplace.
I can see now that painting full-time is a gift. Before, when I worked at school full-time I was always so absorbed with my work with children and my left over energy went to painting. Now, I think about painting round the clock. I have so many ideas and not enough time. I constantly watch everything and paint it in my head. I don't have to get in the zone, because "the zone" is always there. It's like I never get out. I had begun this painting a day blog to keep me honest and never let anything fill moments when I should be painting. It's good, don't get me wrong, it's just that it's like it's not needed for that purpose because the painting habit is like a sponge - a very absorbent sweet sponge.
It makes me think what an awesome husband I have who is willing to be broke for a while as I follow my dreams.
Enough of my blabbing..........

No comments: