Tuesday, January 1, 2008

January 1, 2008 Christmas Full Moon

9.5x11.5, pastel on board, $100. plus tax/shipping

This is one is for my niece, Agne (or Agneezille as we say.)
When we were in California she wanted me to paint palm trees. I must admit I didn't find them too interesting at first, until I began to see the negative shapes they formed. Well, on Christmas morning, daybreak was inspiring. A huge full moon was setting as the sun was rising. What more can you ask for? I did a quick sketch as a color reference and finally (in my studio) created a painting from it.
My new year resolution is to post my paintings, each day, with mention of size, medium and price. Next (sometime in January), I will subscribe to Paypal so that they can be easily purchased . Some may not be for sale because they are slated to go in my February show. You can buy them at the gallery instead.
It has been a wonderful year and I am looking forward to more painting in 2008. Happy New Year and thanks to everyone for your interest and support in my work in 2007! A special thank you to Paul(my loving husband), Toni ( my sister), Leah(my best friend), Mary Taylor/ Michael Moncavage (friend/patrons), Melissa and Dan Moncavage and my wonderful friends and family, all who have supported me in many ways to make my dream come true! Kisses and hugs to all of you!
All the best,
Loriann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this paiting!!! It's beautifulllllll!!!