Saturday, March 22, 2008

March 22, 2008 chestnut and silver, late afternoon on the river

5x7, pastel and watercolor on board
The colors of the river are vastly different now. Not only is the river full of sediment, but the trees are warm brown with silver highlights. Unfortunately this photo does not do the color justice. This was an extra I did yesterday. Today I went south to the Shenandoah National Park. I took some good photos and recorded color notes; but since my main time in the park was around sunset I worked fast taking a lot of photos, rather than paint in only one place. It was great to visit my buddy Nicole who has opened this cool experiential learning /playing place for children. It is outside of Charlottesville and is called "Explorations." Check it out if you are in the area.

No comments: