Saturday, June 7, 2008

June 7, 2008 The Way Home

11x14, pastel and oil on marble dust board
Today was the Riverbend Paint-out. I must admit I was nervous just thinking about painting "on demand." Rather than just going out and to be alone with the river and feel her mood, I was now amongst many fabulous painters and my painting was to be judged. Yipes! I set the bar low-just don't embarrass myself.
The river and surrounding forest was covered in a thick cloak of fog. The river had no islands or opposite banks.; so I found a field where the fog sat inside and the light fought to come through. There is a sense of mystery with fog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love this paiting. Very beautiful!! I think its one of your best ones so far!!!!

loriann signori said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Talk about not embarrassing yourself -- this painting is gorgeous!! I look forward to hearing about the competition.

XO,
Domi