Saturday, August 30, 2008

August 31, 2008, Silver Light

9x12, pastel on board, $200.
This morning the river was silvery. Even though it was warm you could see your breath. A hummingbird was buzzing behind me and the light was bouncing off the river in front of me. How does a mere painter paint all that? Silver light was the essence.
It feels great to be back to my normal rhythm of daily painting. Last week I needed to work full time to get ready to begin a new school year. During the school year I work part time teaching art to young children. While I do love teaching, I wish I could paint round the clock and never have to move away from my painting thoughts.
Oh, by the way, good news, yesterday's painting won first place in the plein air event. And to think I almost didn't submit it!

No comments: