Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Golden Wonder

9x9 pastel and watercolor on Uart paper $150. plus tax and shipping
Vibrant color, sapphire and goldenrod, accented with rich neutrals; this one clicked. Today the words of Richard McKinley (my mentor) were ringing in my ears. This summer he told me to try to "leave 50% watercolor underpainting." I guess when you try to do that you get 30% underpainting with 70%pastel...but lot of vibration from the underneath color.
Another note, I just heard from the Maryland Pastel Society. I am honored to become a signature member of that group. Check out their website: www. marylandpastelsociety.com/
Soon I will have my work on their web page!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming an honoured member of the MPS! There's a society for everything ;)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous honor! I think they should be honored to have you as well!

loriann signori said...

Thanks L1 and elly!