Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Autumn's Mirror

about 8x8 pastel and watercolor on Uart paper $100.
This is another of those "illegal spares" that I saved from my last magical trip to Sycamore Island. I have been spending an enormous amount of time preparing for the open studio. I had no idea how long it would take to mount 75 plus paintings (I am at 82 now.)
Tomorrow, in the below freezing temperatures, I will venture another trip to Sycamore Island. I can't wait. I am trying new methods for keeping my fingers warm and nimble. Unlike oil painters, pastelists can't wear full coverage gloves. I wear halfzies and my fingers can quickly become frozen. More on the solutions later.
Today I received notification that all three of my paintings made it into a show at the Ratner Museum. Hooray!

No comments: