Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bronze, Gold and Plum Reflection

8x8 pastel and watercolor on Uart paper $100. plus tax and shipping
The reservoir gets more beautiful by the minute. Autumn colors are at their peak: bronze, gold, orange, and plum. As I painted this morning I couldn't help but watch the young buck that was pacing inside the reservoir fence. I am not sure how he slipped in, but my friend the guard said she was certain he would be able to find his way out.

Since the light was so cool I underpainted in warm colors. I like the way the two extremes play off each other. I am beginning to think that I like overcast days the best.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love this one, too! Do you typically underpaint with the opposite temperatures?

loriann signori said...

Fortunately or unfortunately I can't say I typically do anything. I approach each as a "as needed basis" if that makes sense. It is a wonderful thing to play off of the opposite temperature. Painting (to me) is really about play, wonder,and curiosity. Then of course you can't forget discipline!
Thanks for your comments. It is always an honor to hear from an accomplished painter such as yourself!
Loriann