This week I had the honor of being tagged by a gifted artist, Melinda, whose blog site inspires me and many other working artists. It really is great to be part of the artist/blogger community. At any time of day or night you can find inspiration and camaraderie in the thoughts and works of fellow artists. It is truly a banquet of food for the soul.
These are the rules for being tagged.
You need to:
1. Put a link in your posting to the person who tagged you. Check out my tagger Melinda's blog.
2. List 7 unusual things about yourself.
3. Tag up to 7 other bloggers at the end of your post and comment
on their blogs to let them know.
Here are some truths about me that some may find unusual:
1. Me and my artist friend, Barbara, were once treed by a pack of peccaries (wild boars) in Costa Rica. We were hiking to our painting site in the jungles when low and behold the stink of peccaries was surrounding us. In the next moment they were racing towards us. We dropped everything and climbed the nearest trees, in which we sat for over an hour!
2. I broke my first bone at age two when my sister decided the red high chair really was meant for one occupant. Guess who had to go?
3. I am addicted. Addicted to Starbucks soy chai. I am trying desperately to kick the habit but no luck yet. Any ideas?
4. My brother and I inspired each other to new heights. One time I convinced him to go sledding off "the rock." The rock was a very tall (about 30 ft. vertical drop) rock near our home . We had to stop when Mom noticed the bumps and holes in our flying saucers and wanted to know why?
5. My best friend in the world, Leah, moved back to Nova Scotia. I still miss her and think about her daily. Secretly I hope she will return.(or maybe that's not such a secret)
6. I love cats. Every time I see one I get all soft inside.
7. As a child I spoke with a Swedish accent and called myself Lulu Belle. Now where did that come from?
The inspirational artist/bloggers I am going to tag:
1. Karen, a talented painter, in the impressionistic style http://www.karensblog.com/
2. Brenda, a very accomplished pastel painter. http://brendaboylan.blogspot.com/
3. Gretchen,a versatile, amazing figurative painter, http://www.gretchenkellyart.blgspot.com
4. Takeyce, fantastic landscape (oil) painter, http://www.takeyceart.com/blog/
5. Elizabeth, a talented painter from Maine who uses the square as her format, http:paintsquared.com/
6. Heidi, an oil painter who uses thick luscious paint, http//hmalott.blogspot.com/
For quick links see my side bar with these artists plus many other talented artists' web and blogsites (I must confess I do not know how to embed links into text. :-)
If you have been tagged already I apologize. The game of tag keeps it going round...you're it now!