Saturday, January 17, 2009

Icy Protest Coat of Green

9x12 pastel and frozen watercolor on Wallis $100.
Ok, so it's a total woofer. Frustrated and frozen. I am a convert to Uart paper, never again to use Wallis ( at least with frozen watercolor). It's crazy how differently the Wallis paper received the icy watercolor. I found myself scratching it with the butt of the brush over and over again in frustration. Oh well...lesson learned.
What is really curious to me is, that when the water is completely frozen it is mainly a blueish- green and reflects little of the surrounding colors; instead it wears it's own coat as if in protest.

And a big welcome to all my new subscribers! Thanks for joining my blog family!

Till next time,
Loriann

PS We think we might get some snow tomorrow....keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

Rhegina Sinozich said...

"Icy Protest?" I'll say. I can't believe you're out there painting. It's soooo cold. I can barely get myself out with the dogs. These are all beautiful. Will make it by soon to pick up my baby. Stay warm and keep up the amazing work. Love and much light, Rhegina.

loriann signori said...

Thanks Rhegina,
The cold is so unlike Washington...
but as they say the show must go on. Hee hee... And it really is beautiful out there, so I can't resist trying.
I will see you soon when you pick up your painting.
Loriann