Sunday, January 11, 2009

Path around Big Pool



9x12 pastel and watercolor on Uart paper $100.
photo of big pool taken from the spot where I stood

I have had some requests to post the photo of the area from which I paint. This morning I waited until the black ice was gone before going out. Cold and windy.
My challenge today was the area of interest (focal point) and how its friends, the sub areas, lead the eye through the painting. I wanted to choose something that was not so obvious. This lead me to the beautiful white of the sycamore trees, the orangey path and the reflections of big pool to function as the main area. It hopefully leads to the distance and comes back to be grounded in the darker ripples of the bottom left water. (Sorry the colors of my jpeg are dulled...I am still working on that.)

No comments: