I have been tagged by a very talented artist over there in California, Marian Fortunati. Check out the beautiful paintings on her blog. http://marianfortunationdailypainting.blogspot.com/
Thanks Marian! The part I love about tagging is that I get to tag 7 other fine artists. There are more I would like to tag, but that's the rules. I apologize if you have been tagged repeatedly. It's a compliment! And this way others will get to meet you (through the blogosphere) and appreciate your wonderful blogs. So here they are:
1. Jala Pfaff- an amazing artist whose paintings range from a small still life to magnificent portrait to a calm Rothko -like abstract in pastel. SHE can make an avocado into art.
2.Brian Eppley- what juicy landscapes and produce he paints! Thick yummy paint! http://brianeppley.blogspot.com/
3. Bob LaFond- a pastelist with a hankering for his towpath and canal. (I can sure understand that!) Vibrant color!
4. Karen, A Visual Journey- Karen has become a master right before our very eyes-amazing work! http://phippsart.blogspot.com/
5.Casey Klahn-Now I realize most people know his famous blogs about art, moley sketching and pastels. If you don't you should...so here's your opportunity. While he spends a lot of time promoting and helping others you should really check out his pastels! Wolf Kahn is his hero, need I say more? http://thecolorist.blogspot.com/
6. Dori Dewberry does it all- figures, landscapes, interiors, portraits and even a still life or two.
7. Brian Mcguran- who does beautiful work with the moleskin exchange- cool project, check it out
Now comes the harder part and tagees this is for you too, You must list 7 things about you- something we don't already know.
Here are a few from me.
1. I did my first plein air painting at age 10.
2. When I was young and lived with my Mom, my brother and I would swim across the lake and back each morning (during the summer). My best memory was one morning when the fog was so thick we could barely see our arms. The silence was broken only by the rhythmic stroking of our arms.
3. I did the polar bear plunge in frozen Lake Michigan, twice.
4. I met my husband, Paul, on Valentine's Day 10 years ago. I knew it the minute I saw him.
5. For years, each summer, I would pack my bike in a box and take a plane to a European city. With only tent, sleeping bag and a few clothes I would cycle 70-100 miles a day (till I finally tired or got somewhere good). I never had an idea where I was going- only that I was going. I would buy a map when I figured out. It was a great time in my life. I met so many wonderful people and saw fantastic things.
6.My sister is an amazing person. She has a big heart. She has been my biggest supporter throughout my life. Even when I doubted she always believed in me. Thanks Toni.
7. When I was young I insisted that people call me LuluBell. Now where did that come from??????