Saturday, April 18, 2009

Field 3

9 x12 pastel on watercolor on marble dust board

This morning I went down to the river with a new type of paper to type...all I can say is yuck. I worked and worked till there was no use. At least it is nice outside.
So instead I will post a painting I did in the field last summer which I have been working on in the studio. I think it's done.
Welcome to all my new subscribers and thank you to everyone who stops by and checks out my work! This week has been busy...if I have not responded to your comment I will tomorrow. :-)

5 comments:

Jala Pfaff said...

Wow, this is gorgeous.

What kind of paper did you try?

loriann signori said...

Thanks Jala. I tried some of my arches printmaking paper onto which I applied some marble dust and gesso (a mixture that works well on board). To begin with the paper didn't hold the watercolor well and then it didn't have enough tooth to manage the pastel. I adore the Uart paper. It is so sturdy and a light touch is all that's needed to apply pastel. I guess you never know how good you have it till you leave:-)

brian eppley said...

Beauty. I want to pick some of the flowers.It's such an inviting piece for that light condition. Maybe the mystical part of me wants to stroll through the field. Or the arrangement of colors lead the eye nicely through the painting while the large tree anchors it all. Maybe both.

Brian McGurgan said...

This is gorgeous, Loriann - wonderful composition with that high horizon line and beautiful tree at right.

loriann signori said...

Thank you Brian M. I like high horizons when creating my field paintings. I remember you do too. I think they make "the abundance" of the field.