Monday, April 20, 2009

Words Fall Through Me


17 x22 pastel and oil on marble dust board

Life has a way of throwing curveballs. I guess the process of learning to catch them is what it is about. Losing Elly has made me rethink what was once taken for granted. This applies to my work. This painting I began long ago, but never could complete to my satisfaction. I saw the answers in my dreams the other night. After I finished yesterday's painting I immersed myself in this one, trying hard to find my way to the nebulous (yet ethereal) light I wanted to create. I think I am done (for now.)

11 comments:

Karen said...

It is ethereal. I like those greens down in front.
I think it's really beautiful to let your dreams so directly influence you like that.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

This is my first visit to your blog. Just having visited Moab, Utah, I am excited to see another way of seeing a similar landscape.

loriann signori said...

Thanks Karen...dreams can be very powerful. It's living up to the images that's hard.

loriann signori said...

Hi Diane and welcome to my blog, The desert is a whole different light. One I do not feel i understand as of yet...guess I will just have to keep going back!

Brenda Boylan said...

This is very beautiful...very, very beautiful!

Jala Pfaff said...

Very, very nice.

susan hong-sammons said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!

loriann signori said...

Hi Brenda, Jala and Susan,
Your positive feedback feeds my soul. Thank so much.
Loriann

NJ ART 73 said...

Hi Loriann,
I was sorry to hear of about your friends passing. The
painting that you have posted is beautiful-the sky, the water and the trees.. Sometimes you have to put aside a painting and let your mind work on it. The answers are there but they make take some time to be apparent.

Anonymous said...

love it :)

loriann signori said...

thanks so much anonymous!!!! Loriann