Monday, June 1, 2009

Duck Ripple

about 9x9 pastel and watercolor on Uart
Daybreak is early now, so I often miss the moments from darkness to light.
This is when the sun is real low, behind the trees. I love the way it makes those stripes of light across the water. I found that I became a little divided about my main center of interest and had to decide and adjust. I chose the ducks and the many colored reflections and light dance near their rippling water. (I hope you can tell.) The I made the movement points which determined which way your eye should travel.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Yes there is a strong direction of travel here, right back up to the green, and yet my eye is also balanced/pulled to that subtle yet intense blue in the trees on the right.

loriann signori said...

Thanks Karen...I think I blew it on the darks, not enough transparent glow. Next time..... sometimes it's good enough to get one thing working...it's like a musician doing scales.

Jala Pfaff said...

"Duck Ripple"--newest ice cream flavor? ;D
Have a great paintout! I like the 1st and 3rd drawings best.

loriann signori said...

Duck ripple..yup, Ben and Jerrys has it.
Thanks about the drawings...hope it's sunny.