Saturday, December 4, 2010

framing day


Tomorrow I deliver eleven new oil paintings to the gallery for their annual Holiday Show. Trying to conserve funds I am "learning"to frame (read:helpful husband involved) my oils in floater frames- simple yet elegant enough. back to work. If you have any tips about framing this way please send them my way. :-)
The opening is this coming Friday, December 10 at the Waverly Street Gallery, Bethesda, MD.
Come if you can.

PS Note -Luchianna doing a walk through of the paintings.

8 comments:

Leah said...

I do hope Luchi was generous with her appraisal. Forgot to tell you to check your email!

Theresa Evans said...

The frames look great - very professional. Best wishes for the exhibition!

Lynne E. Windsor said...

Well done Loriann, and nice to get some help from the family!! Good luck with the show. All looks good.

Donna T said...

Such beautiful paintings, Loriann. I hope they all find good homes! It's nice of your husband to help with the framing. He may need a batch of biscotti all for himself.

Casey Klahn said...

Very attractive framing - best wishes on your show, too!

loriann signori said...

Leah, She was kind. I will check my email now.

Thanks Theresa. It was quite an effort.I am so accustomed to having my framer do all the work. it was just too hard with pastels!

Thanks Lynne!! Yes, it can be a family matter. Hope your paintings made it to their destination.

Thanks Donna. he may need a batch of biscotti is right...although he is my sous chef.

Thanks so much Casey. One has already sold even before hanging it! I cross my fingers.

Jala Pfaff said...

Kitties are so great at supervising.

loriann signori said...

Hi Jala, what would we do without our little supervisors?