Wednesday, December 8, 2010

power of the limited palette: color and chocolate



We all know the power of the limited palette. But color is like chocolate, it's so good let's have more. So this is total restraint for me. Only 5 colors and white....just the beginning... the underpainting with one glaze.




Watch for this scam. It's everywhere. Icky


"My name is Robert Boyer, i will like to order for some piece of your work from your studio as gift for my parent are celebrating their wedding anniversary, so i will be glad to have your reply as soon as possible, i will be glad if you can send me your website address to choose or send me four of your artworks via email that is available for me to choose.
    
Waiting to read from you today.so that we can make some progress.
    
I will be waiting to read from you at you convinet time.
    
Thanks"

11 comments:

helen said...

Very colorful - just what we need during the gloomy winter months - well in some places it's gloomy!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

There's a lot to be said for the limited palette. Your restraint is informed and your passion comes through in the beautiful shapes and enticing glow.

The scammers are looking for the suckers they know are out there. Better to be on the side of outing the scam than to be licking wounds from being the sucker. Sad.

Jala Pfaff said...

Your colors look edible.

One of the things that I find curious is, why do spammers always have spelling mistakes?

SamArtDog said...

The results you got from this "limited palette" gave me hope. You proved that you can't keep a color junkie down.

spamrs r jerx

loriann signori said...

Hi Helen, Kvan, Jala and Sam,
So far this is only the underpainting with one full glaze layer. There are many more layers to come. I hope to find some luscious grays.
And yes, why do spamers have spelling and grammar mistakes???? Curious thing.

Celeste Bergin said...

beautiful color and shapes!

Caroline Simmill said...

I am looking forward to seeing the next stage of your painting Loriann, so far it is looking beautiful and an impressive canvas size too. How are you finding working to a large scale?

loriann signori said...

Hi Celeste and thank you...we will see how it develops!

Hi Caroline!
Working big is pretty daunting at first. Once the white is covered it starts to get exciting. I will let you know more as I go!!!

Karen said...

I can't do without my limited palette...every time I try to add a convenience color on there, I get all messed up. I like the sheer simplicity of 5 colors and white! Plus the paintings can be just as colorful or neutral as with 5 times as many colors.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

so true. You can take almost any combo for a limited palette and come up with a great painting. Beautiful work here, Lori.

loriann signori said...

You are so right Karen! Do you use the exact same limited palette each time?

Thanks Mary!