Saturday, December 18, 2010

progress:lights and darks

oil on board 24x36
I continue to work on this big painting. I keep remembering what Deborah Paris has told me, "the lights don't come on till the darks come out to play."
Tomorrow my whole family will convene in California for the annual visit to  Daddio  and Mae. It's a lot of fun, sight-seeings, wild card playing and eating. Of course my landscapes will change a little. We are very fortunate to have two friends in town house and kitten sitting for us! I will miss the kitties...seriously. I actually thought of taking them on the plane!

4 comments:

SamArtDog said...

Thanks for Deborah's quote. Right when I needed it!
I hope you and all your family have good fun and health for the holidays. Sounds like a raucous bunch!

loriann signori said...

It's so true isn't it Sam. Glad it came at the right time. BTW I keep coming back to the two youtubes you posted. heeheee. have a great holiday yourself. Will you be in Hawaii?

Theresa Evans said...

Some lovely tones happening here ... and I really like the blue glaze; for me it creates a peaceful harmony.

loriann signori said...

Thanks Theresa! It's good to have a little time away from it to see it clearly.