Saturday, March 12, 2011

back outside, memory paintings and Daddio

4x8 pastel and watercolor on Uart
Yay! I finally drove my car and went plein air painting. It was sunset when I finally arrived at one my favorite spots. Not a lot of time to plan, but I know this view. so the plan was in my head. I must say that after all of my memory work I worked differently. So much more of my time was spent looking and very little painting. It's funny with just this small sketch I could easily do a huge painting...so much is in the experience. I think I should now do a painting without the painting.
It makes me realize that memory painting has to be a major part of what I do.

This painting is dedicated to a very special person- my Daddio. Happy Birthday! I wish I could be there...I hope it's wonderful!

10 comments:

Leah said...

Yay for driving!! and for painting plein air, of course ;)

Gregory Becker said...

That painting is stunning. Make sure you get a good price for it.

Caroline Simmill said...

You know your work has changed recently, it is more expressive there is such movement of colour and feeling flowing through. The way you are using colour is really exciting. strong work Loriann. How wonderful you drove you car and painted today.

Diane Mannion said...

There's such a strong feeling of the moment, gorgeous color. Really nice, Lorianne! So glad you're getting out there.

loriann signori said...

Thanks Gregory..we will see!

Hi Caroline,it was exciting to have wheels and paints! Thank you for the comment about my recent continuing metamorphosis!

loriann signori said...

Hi Diane, Thank you! It felt so good to be out there!

Brenda Boylan said...

I can see your joy in this piece! Wasn't it just divine to go out painting? I can't wait till the weather here in Oregon shapes up to go out too. Many happy days ahead for you! It's just incredible the many benefits you have gained from your experience. Just imagine your possibilities! Wow!

Donna T said...

It's so good to know you are back out there, Loriann! This painting is gorgeous - so filled with life and light!

loriann signori said...

Hi Brenda! You are right it felt so good to be "out" however short. I wish you drier weather and many outdoor times.

Hi Donna!

Thank you! It so good to be outside again. I hope to see you out there soone!

Anonymous said...

Hi Loriann,
What beautiful colors! Wonderful sense of atmosphere. I love the warm yellows interacting with the pinks. You can feel the transition fro late winter to early spring. Painting from plein air and painting from memory-each feeds the other. I am glad that you are mobile just watch out for the potholes!

NJ ART 73