Friday, May 27, 2011

scoping the scene


 Next week I will be part of the Mountain Maryland Plein Air Event. I was fortunate to be included two years in a row. Whenever I take part in a "painting competition" like this one, I always either arrive early or go a week or two before to scope out the territory. This time, since I was here last year I decided that I would just make a small "thinking " visit, stay overnight and leave that next day. I was counting on a twilight watch.
Ahhhh, the best laid plans are always in for a surprise. I managed to get one drawing (bottom) then the torrential rains came. Thunder and lightening, sideways rain. I was fortunate that my hotel room faces the town, so I sketched through my rain drenched window (top.) With the torrential rain continuing, I decided to go out to dinner. There's always tomorrow!

4 comments:

V. Deshmukh said...

Hope you make the best of tomorrow, so that we have some great art to see here. The sketches are amazing. Thank you for sharing your artwork with us.
Best wishes,

Celeste Bergin said...

sketching...a most valid way to spend one's time. great post

Lynne E. Windsor said...

Love the sketches.. is this why I want to study printmaking more?

loriann signori said...

Hi Vinayak, Thank for visiting my site! My trip worked out well, even if I didn't get hte vision I came to get...oh well. New visions instead.

Hi Celeste! Thanks!

Hi Lynne,
Maybe that is why. I always LOVE seeing your sketches!