Thursday, January 10, 2013

beginning to rise from stuckness

another winter field, 6x6
Thank you to all who have commented with different methods to handle stuck-ness. I think that one of the reasons I am stuck is because my small paintings have worked. (This is another new one.) I simply have been enjoying color.... no pressures. Once of the issues is transferring this idea to a bigger surface. When I have been making the small landscapes I have been gradually changing my pastel surface. (Winter time is a wonderful time to experiment.) What surface will accomplish my vision, especially as I move over to oils?
The major question .... I keep trying to understand what is necessary and then do no more. Egad. Sometimes I think I want to wash away the constant influences that barrage me daily. While I love art museums, galleries, books, magazines I need to look away. Go to a cabin far away with no internet or anyone else. Instead I retreat to my studio in the back yard, putting my time in, no matter what the product may be. Just paint. When frustrations get big, I walk.
That's it for now.

4 comments:

eM said...

The idea of cabin far away from everything is very good! I am longing for it the last couple of weeks :-D. And your small paintings really works, the colors are perfect.

Donna T said...

I'm glad to hear you are becoming unstuck. Maybe it's good to be stuck once in awhile so you can appreciate new levels of excitement as you move forward :-)

Caroline Simmill said...

What a joy to arrive at your blog Loriann and find such beautiful mood and colour in your works. I often find that 'acceptance' helps at times of being stuck. Accept that you are in the place you are and that the wee gems are making their own creative statement, maybe that is enough, at least for now.

loriann signori said...

Hi Marcela!
Thanks about the paintings and yes we can always dream!

That's a good way to look at it Donna. I am just nesting into small ones and trying not to perseverate on my desires.

You are soooooo right Caroline! Thanks for stopping by!