Tuesday, March 12, 2013

needwood and de Kooning

Thank you to everyone who took the time to comment and email about my last post.

Someone asked me if I was still working in oil. The answer is yes, I just have not been posting them... struggle being more apparent in those. This is a recent oil that is going in the direction I want.
Instead of saying more, I give you comments from Willem deKooning, a real master. He says it so well.

Style is fraud. I always felt the Greeks were hiding behind their columns.- 

 I'm not someone who has ever said anything definitive about his work. In my life I have very little fixed form. I can change overnight.

I was never interested in how to make a good painting, but to see how far one could go.

PS Happy Birthday Daddio!

6 comments:

SamArtDog said...

Happy Birthday to your Daddio from me, too! Thank you for Loriann. She's a gift to us all. I admire and learn from both her struggles and her victories.

loriann signori said...

You are so sweet Sam!

Casey Klahn said...

Great words from Bill deK.

That is a very fine painting, Loriann. Can't say enough about it! Strong mood, yet sublime.

Celeste Bergin said...

that is one luscious oil! those beautiful grays heighten the drama of the warm light...wow!

eM said...

Dear Loriann, this oil painting is magnificent! I love your work with light and colors. And I enjoy reading wise words from the art masters you are quoting here. I doubted sometimes about my art path but now I know I am on the right way:) Thanks for sharing!

loriann signori said...

Hi Casey! Glad you like the de Kooning quotes.Thank you about the painting.

Hi Celeste! Thanks about the paintings. Grays fascinate me...their depth and scope are amazing!

Hi eM! If you are on your pah it is the right path. It is only when one follows that one gets confused. Thanks about my work and best wishes on yours. Paint on!