Monday, April 15, 2013

what really is your subject?

oil about18x11 (a guess)
My blogger friend Donna commented that "the concept for this painting (last post) and those of your recent works seems to be much more than I can put into words! Amazing really, when your subjects are not necessarily complex. Maybe there's a connection?"
Donna is an amazing artist in her own right and a very insightful one.
Delete I guess, to most, it looks like I am painting clouds, but that's really not the case. I chose clouds as the vehicle so that I can paint the underlying luminosity and work with the abstractive qualities. The simplicity of the land/sky format allows me to enjoy the complexities of the concept. That's the closest I can come to an explanation.

4 comments:

SamArtDog said...

Good enough! And then some.

loriann signori said...

Thanks Sam!!!!!

Celeste Bergin said...

I definitely see more than clouds!

loriann signori said...

Hi Celeste! Good.