Friday, May 23, 2014

pastel and liquin

Finding new ways to layer can mean studio time. This pastel has an underpainting with watercolor on Uart paper done on location. Pastel was added then brought to the studio. Unsatisfied with the results I decided to use Liquin on the bottom half of the painting. I didn't know what would happen as normally I would use Gamsol. The Liquin worked like a thick  juicy liquid fixative. When the Liquin had dried (a day or so) I took the painting back to location. Then I added more pastel. I don't know if the Liquin helped or the time lapse helped.

No comments: