Tuesday, January 27, 2015

when lost things can't be found

In the last two months as my world has changed I have become more courageous. When lost things can't be found and letting go becomes the norm, I have started to take bigger risks in painting. I paint landscapes completely from my head. I attack older work and make it new. I throw away work that serves no purpose.

Thank you to all my blogger friends for all your support and love during this time.

Photo: We make art. This is another version of soccer field near my house. HAPPY Winter Solstice!

7 comments:

Eden Compton Studio said...

Sorry for your loss Loriann. Hope you are finding comfort with friends and family. This is a beautiful piece.

Donna T said...

Loriann, your last few paintings are beyond beautiful; they are exquisitely tender and sensitive. Thank you for sharing such inspirational work as you go through this difficult time.

Liz Steinglass said...

Beautiful, powerful words and a beautiful, powerful image.

Barbara Benedetti Newton said...

I love this painting and your thoughts Loriann. Good for you!

Unknown said...

Loriann, I am sorry for your loss. But you are on the right track. This new work is a breakthrough. Sometime when our hearts are broken our work breaks through to a new level. Nothing is wasted. Everything shows. Anthony

loriann signori said...

Thank you so much Eden, Donna,Liz, Barbara and Anthony.

Unknown said...

Beautiful painting.