Tuesday, January 27, 2015

when lost things can't be found

In the last two months as my world has changed I have become more courageous. When lost things can't be found and letting go becomes the norm, I have started to take bigger risks in painting. I paint landscapes completely from my head. I attack older work and make it new. I throw away work that serves no purpose.

Thank you to all my blogger friends for all your support and love during this time.

Photo: We make art. This is another version of soccer field near my house. HAPPY Winter Solstice!

8 comments:

Compton Studio said...

Sorry for your loss Loriann. Hope you are finding comfort with friends and family. This is a beautiful piece.

Donna T said...

Loriann, your last few paintings are beyond beautiful; they are exquisitely tender and sensitive. Thank you for sharing such inspirational work as you go through this difficult time.

Liz Steinglass said...

Beautiful, powerful words and a beautiful, powerful image.

Barbara Benedetti Newton said...

I love this painting and your thoughts Loriann. Good for you!

anthony mendivil said...

Loriann, I am sorry for your loss. But you are on the right track. This new work is a breakthrough. Sometime when our hearts are broken our work breaks through to a new level. Nothing is wasted. Everything shows. Anthony

loriann signori said...

Thank you so much Eden, Donna,Liz, Barbara and Anthony.

Cathyann Burgess said...

This is stunning…keep at it. This is how you heal.
Best to you and thanks for sharing with us all.

Peter Russell said...

Beautiful painting.