Tuesday, October 16, 2018

nuggets from the field



I have been very busy painting ever since summer began. My time has been filled with many painting events, painting trips and teaching. I know how fortunate I am to live a life where I can live my passion! And I am grateful every day. One of the many wonders of traveling while painting is meeting new people. I have met some super friends in the field, some people who have challenged my thinking, and some people who are like thinkers. Ignited by conversations I have some personal tips to offer. This is what I think, you make think otherwise, feel free to comment. You may first want to view my facebook page new video https://www.facebook.com/LoriannSignori/   and see what is in my studio at this time. For some reason I can't seem to add it to my post. On the link you will see a video of my last solo show (first) and the my most recent studio view (second). Check it out.
Here are my tips:
* Work consistently. While your work is a passion it is also a job. Schedule regular hours. I have found that on the days I teach I must be in the studio at 4:30 AM in order to get my work done while I am fresh, not dead to the world. That 4:30 shift is also my most productive since my brain is not totally on. I am responding instead of thinking.
* Work on many paintings. Your brain and the painting benefit from time away to process (and with oil-to dry)
*I take walks in between paintings to clear my mind. It's amazing how solutions come while you aren't thinking.
*Your creativity is precious, only trust the opinion of those people you admire.
*Draw, and then draw more. Your drawings are for you and they are better than photos.
On another note I just received notification that one of my paintings was accepted into the IAPS web show that begins on November 1st. I will post again soon, but always feel free to check my facebook artist's page or my instagram feed. I post often in those places since i can do them from my phone. Blogger has still not updated its app.

2 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

As always exquisite images. I have to agree with all the nuggets of wisdom too. Especially the get outside and walk. We got a pup this year and so I am forced to get out more - good for body, soul and painting.

Best wishes and happy painting.

loriann signori said...

Hi Lisa! It's so good to hear from you. Congrats on the new pup... now I will go over and check your blog. Happy painting!