Monday, January 14, 2019

intuition

I am certain that my best paintings come from intuition and not from anything in front of me.  This painting was begun a year ago.... then one day I saw it on the floor of my studio, picked it up, and changed it all without any thought at all. Simply responded.
I worry that our commitments can strangle us into creating for a goal rather than allowing our intuitions to rule and respond. So here are some quotes I found to soothe my soul during times of questioning.

*If you persist in ignoring your intuition, you may find yourself stuck in a permanent holding pattern instead of taking the risks that lead to creative growth - Nina Leland
*Intellect confuses intuition. - Piet Mondrian
*The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein
*I believe I rely heavily on intuition and depend on an intuitive response from my audience. I am a great believer in intuition, for men and women alike. -Jane Freilicher

2 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

I think I might have read your post at exactly the right time. I have had a hankering for working in a more abstract manner for some time. I think you are giving me the push to explore and take some time out to explore my intuition. I will take it as a sign. Best wishes.

loriann signori said...

Enjoy Lisa!!!!