Friday, December 26, 2008

Torrey Pines on Boxing Day

11x14, I think.... pastel and watercolor on Uart paper $150.
I went back to Torrey Pines this morning at sunrise. Color harmony can require restraint ( on the palette that is).
It was COLD and very windy. After 2 near complete disasters (a blown over easel-caught and a flying palette...and boy, they can fly!) I finally sat down with the painting and my box in my lap. I heard it is 60 degrees back in Maryland.
Tomorrow is a long day of travel. I will be back on Sunday.

2 comments:

brian eppley said...

Congratulations on a very nice collection of California paintings! Your sense for color, massing,and atmosphere is striking.I will try to get to your opening in January to see the work in person.Cheers

loriann signori said...

Thanks Brian! I just checked out your blog/website and your beautiful work.I love your Paint Annapolis paintings. Welcome to blogging! If people have time check out Brian's site.