Sunday, December 28, 2008

Green Vitamin / New Years Resolutions

7 x7 pastel and watercolor on Uart paper $100.
It's wonderful to be back in familiar ground, my beloved Potomac River. Today she was very GREEN on this overcast day. Trick to vibrating colors-complements. Therefore, rather than choose grays I make my own neutralized, yet exciting color-note the turquoise green and pinkish red bouncing next to each other. I had made a mistake as well and later fixed it. That is shapes. Repeating shapes can be a good thing, but I don't think they should be the same size.
I am beginning my new years resolution early. That is, I vow to share my art thoughts and tips(what little I know). It will keep me thinking. Keep me to it.....please remind me if I forget! Any other artists who would like to add their thoughts/tips please send them via comments or you can guest blog. Thanks!

----If you have an art 2009 resolution please send it in. It would be great to hear them all.

10 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

Loriann, thanks for visiting my blog.

Your pastel landscapes have a quality I want to pursue more in my own works - very open, with colorist statements.

If you know my unfailing admiration for Wolf Kahn, you'll see the compliment here - I have seen his work and you have the looseness that he does.

Loriann Signori said...

Wow! Casey, Thanks so much for your incredible compliment. I love Wolf Kahn and I am amazed to be compared to him in any way! I love your blog (check it out friends). It is an amazing resource, thoughtfully written. Thanks for stopping by to see my blog. I am now a subscriber to yours!
Happy painting, Loriann

Casey Klahn said...

Can I get an interview with you for my Pastel blog? I want to show some of your pastels and see what you have to say.

Loriann Signori said...

I would be honored! Thanks! Loriann

Takeyce said...

Awesome, Loriann!

Karen said...

I love the atmosphere in this one. And, I'll add my 2 cents for the resolutions...to come!

Loriann Signori said...

Thanks Karen! I can't wait to hear your resolutions as we continue to learn from each other.. I have a new category-plein air and the resolution is-I will clean my plein air pastels regularly.. (now I have to define regularly:-)

Loriann Signori said...

Thanks Takeyce!

Jala Pfaff said...

This is beautiful. It feels to me like the best of Degas combined with the best of Turner. Brava!

Loriann Signori said...

Thanks so much Jala! I checked out your blog as well. Your use of color is beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to visit me. Happy Painting! Loriann