Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sacred Moment


about 6x9 pastel and watercolor on Uart paper $100.
Working from photos is not a preference of mine. Plein air and working from my plein air paintings is my choice. That being said....today was pouring rain and I need to begin a commissioned piece on this theme. Yesterday's photos were my start. Many people have asked me about photo use so that is why I have posted the photo and the small painting so that you can see what happens. The photo only starts it and then the painting tells you want to do. Today I was warm with my favorite arias (Ave Maria/Andrea Bocelli) playing in the background, a hot tea by my side. Total decadence.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for posting the photo. I always am interested to look at other artist's inspirations...how do things get jump-started, translated, interpreted? It's always fascinating to see photos of places that have inspired paintings.
P.s. enjoy the warmth of the studio!

loriann signori said...

Thanks Karen. I know what you mean, I love seeing what is another artists' inspiration. It's fascinating to try to see through their eyes. Now I will have to go and check out your blog.
Happy painting!