Thursday, January 1, 2009

Homage to the Great Wolf Kahn: Raspberry Squeeze

10 x10 pastel and watercolor on Uart paper $100. plus shipping and tax
Inspired by Casey and his talk of Wolf Kahn I decided to work from one of my small paintings and really push it closer to the abstract. Of course the mood of the painting is still of most importance to me, so it is still very much of my style. It was freeing to stretch so far. What do you think?

Happy New Year ! May it be happy, healthy and fun!
Take a few chances........XO Loriann

3 comments:

loriann signori said...

Thanks Jala! Check out Wolf Kahn's painting Lemon Squeeze. It's so cool.

Jala Pfaff said...

I just looked it up, as suggested. How awesome!! I'm really amazed, too, that he could get something so compositionally symmetrical to work. :O

Unknown said...

I have been following your blog for while now (beautiful BTW!) then just this morning I was doing research for Wolf Kahn and was delighted to find this older post of yours that I had not been aware of. I think you've managed to find some of the spirit of Wolf here. Thanks again for posting your work 😃