Monday, August 16, 2010
experiments with surface
8x9 oil on gator board
The rain day, yesterday, kept me in the studio- productive all day. That is the way I spent my Sunday (*till burger nite that is...)
I have this idea of what I want my oils and pastels to look like and I can't seem to come close. I have decided that changes in my surface might help...switch things around a little. That is what led me to take a marble dust panel, that I made for pastel, sand it a little and than paint on it with oil. I think I liked using it.I also used the dreaded, oh so toxic Liquin, to impatiently glaze this piece. I just waited a half hour between each layer. I like the way the marble dust holds and absorbs the paint. Smearing the edges was easier. As a reference, I was working from one of my pastels done during my trip.
*definition-burger nite- Every Sunday night my family and my sister's family and any other relatives/friends in town, get together for food, laughs and the family card game. It's a hoot.