Thursday, August 2, 2012

river wonder

The river's beauty truly amazes me. The overcast sky made the water silvery, lighter, less orange and brown. I try to give just enough to hold onto, but the rest should allow the viewer's mind to swim in a dreamy space. This is the second river scene without sky.

It's funny, yesterday I was told I painted "abstract landscapes." I thought to myself......"abstract???" Really?
 I guess it's good..all the superfluous, I have tried to rid myself of, is going away.
PS I put a border around the painting to separate it from the grey background.

5 comments:

SamArtDog said...

Beautiful.
As sweet as a deep breath.

Barbara Benedetti Newton said...

Very beautiful and peaceful.

Stinson Fine Art / John W. Stinson said...

Nicely done!

loriann signori said...

Thank you Barbara and John. Thanks also for taking the time to drop by and visit!

John O'Grady said...

Hi Loriann,
working without the sky really focuses the eye on the 2D surface and on the marks you have made and less on the subject matter. Being called an A.E i can understand, your work has the delicacy and lightness of touch of a Helen Frankenthaler wash.

Congratulations
John