Friday, March 1, 2013

monotype, one and two colors

Two different monotypes, same idea. The top one I tried a two plate print. The first print was a dull blue green (with translucent add-in)  with a sepia/black second plate. The print below was a one color print.
Each wipe, roll, swipe and scratch does something different, therefore each attempt is unique- even if worked on a ghost plate. Cool, eh?
I may leave these alone and not add pastel. They have the softness combined with massing that I am searching for. More Monotypes on Monday....

3 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

wow ...they are great! Yes, cool! I love them just as is

Donna T said...

Nice ... I can see why you might want to leave them as is. For some reason they remind me of Andrew Wyeth's fields.

loriann signori said...

Thank you Celeste and Donna! Thanks also for taking the time to look and comment!