Monday, January 13, 2014

NYC and the secret

George Inness sunrise
Hi everyone! This weekend I took another short trip to NYC. I want to visit the Frick to see the Dutch masters show again and see the opening of an exhibit to a favorite artist of mine, Mary Sipp Green. I ALWAYS visit the Met, no matter what.  Each time I visit favorite paintings and search out the ones I have ignored. But now I want to share a little secret that not many people seem to know. The Met is amazing. No, that's not the secret. The secret is the visible storage they have and you may visit. The above painting by George Inness  is in the visible storage. What that means is it's behind glass in a storage unit. You go there and sit on the floor and absorb this master painting. I do every time I am in NYC. It's quiet and mostly private. No one else is there so you can just drool, unobserved (yes I do bring a roll of vivas to clean up my mess.) Where else to you get to sit and talk with George?  There are also a few Dwight William Tryons, a beautiful small Bierdstadt, and a gorgeous Walter Launt Palmer, just to name a few.
And now for a small confession. I adore hello kitty.So when she approached me for a photo op in Times Square I couldn't say no.

Thank you to all for the hundreds of entries I have for the free drawing. Today is the last day to add your entry. (And yes Pat I will write yours as Patnip to give you an edge with Baby. ) Best wishes in the drawing. Baby and I will post the results tonight.

3 comments:

Lynne E. Windsor said...

What I would give to be able to sit infront of that painting Loriann! Lucky you!

Liz Steinglass said...

Wow, that's a great secret! What an incredible experience.

loriann signori said...

Hi Lynne, I do understand. It truly is an opportunity one can't miss...even with the glass. Maybe when you are in NYC.

Hi Liz, try it when you are in NYC. There is quite an assortment of paintings down there!