Monday, January 20, 2014

vibration and the landscape


Having the name for my next show has helped me understand how narrow my focus  really is. Oftentimes I am guilty of just painting without seeing the patterns. Do you know what I mean? The act of writing a title made me realize exactly what I have been thinking about, in a more succinct way. The title, Vibration, Mystery and the Landscape is the point of what I do right now.
This is a large pastel, 36x36 on gator board coated with marble dust and gesso . I began this one about 7 years ago and was never truly completed. One day, about a month ago, it called to me. Although it's not finished. it is finally on the right path.

6 comments:

Brenda Boylan said...

Wow Loriann, that is big for a pastel. I have always admired your "vibration" and wishing you a successful show.

Double "D" said...

Beautiful piece "B"
It's got some serious vibration!
Seems like I remember this from a while ago
at some point. Did you ever post it?

Anyway, you're fantastic lady, always impressed by your work!

Celeste Bergin said...

just gorgeous!

loriann signori said...

Thanks so much Brenda!

Hi PB, Thank you! I am so happy that you are back! I may have posted this long long ago...but I was never really satisfied. Thanks for your kind words.

Thanks Celeste!

Shelley Whiting said...

I love the softness and moodiness of the cloud pieces. Beautiful and amazing work.

loriann signori said...

Thanks so much Shelley!