Friday, October 13, 2017

10 year anniversary

11x11 pastel, from Bath County Plein Air

So here it is my ten year blogger anniversary...yay!

Time to think about my relationship with my blog. It began as a a tool. I was finally beginning the journey as a full time artist. I was super excited and scared. I didn't want to fritter away my precious time. So many artists had warned me that you need to prioritize. Now that I am not reporting for a "job" it can be difficult for family members to realize that it is a job and no I'm not free to use my time freely. ( I still do do some part time teaching.)
To help me I did two things, first I set a work schedule. Next, I decided that I would no long rely on photos, instead my work would be done on location or from my memory.

Thus the blog was born. For many years I blogged very single day, without fail. I painted everyday, including Christmas, rain and snow. Finally, after 6th year (I think) I decided I needed more time to work conceptually on the works and not worry about blogging each day.

That is when my work took an new leap.

Now I still love painting and blogging my small works outdoor and from memory. I still have a schedule that I adhere to. But it is through dedication and the ability to have my work on the brain all the time that I think it has grown the most.  It's like wearing a hat on my head all the time. Sometimes it feels just right. Sometimes it's too hot. The hat never comes off.
Things that help that I had no idea would help.:

1. reading poetry
2. meditation practice
3. walks to SEE
4. plein air competitions (now that's a love/hate relationship but it's always a benefit in the end.)
5. friends, especially my art friend Christine Troyer
6. remembering the creating is about constant play and not knowing.
7. creating from my heart and not worrying about how different and out of place my work can seem at a plein air competition.
8. my husband's undying support

Thank you to all of my loyal supporter and blog followers. A special thank you to Marking a Mark super blogger - Katherine Tyrrell. She noticed and displayed my work to a wider audience through her book and blog. Thanks Katherine!

7 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Congratulations! I will look forward to the next ten years watching the future leaps, milestones and achievements and celebrating them from the sidelines.

I love your list btw.

jimserrettstudio said...

Happy Blogiversary!
Your contributions to the online art community is so greatly appreciated and inspiring.
Thanks for sharing your art and insights into your work. Congarts!

loriann signori said...

Thank you Lisa and Jim! Thank you for your kind words. It has been a wild road...can't wait for more.
paint on friends!
Loriann

Teri said...

Congrats also from me. I may not comment, just rarely, but always appreciate your thoughtful blogs and fantastic paintings!

Donna T said...

Congrats from me too! Your blog always inspires me and I appreciate all the thoughts and images you share with us. Best wishes for continued success, Loriann!

Ricardo García said...

I wait 10 years more of your always diferent visión.
Feliz Cumpleaños! from Spain

loriann signori said...

Thank you Terri, Donna and Ricardo1 It's so nice to hear that other artists enjoy my posts. PAINT ON!