Sunday, February 17, 2008

February 17, 2008 Sweet Peas of the San Juan Islands

8x10, watercolor and pastel on rives treated with marble dust, $100. plus ship and tax
I think I was beginning to think I wanted to paint "pretty." But, I don't. I had begun another painting of Stonington harbor.. but I realized I wasn't living up to my motto; PEEE (Play, Exploration, experimentation, and above all enthusiasm.) So I took a long walk by the river yesterday and gave myself a talking-to. Fields and the river, those are my favorite subjects. Stick to those and then take risks and push myself into the unknown. So working from my multitude of sweet pea paintings and photos, sticking to a split complementary palette(red-violet, blue violet and yellow), I did this. Boy, it's hard to stick to a palette!

No comments: