Monday, January 5, 2009

Ducks Floating on Magic

9x10 pastel and watercolor on Uart paper $100.plus shipping and tax

Color needs to have friends. That means when I use that orange in the trees it needs to have its friends- melon, mauve/orange and sienna out to play. Know what I mean?

I want to say a big thank you to Patty Gamby, the deputy manager of that magical place I paint , the reservoir. She took the time from her very busy schedule to take me on a tour around the entire reservoir. What a beautiful, fascinating place it is! I even saw the marker stone measuring the boundaries of DC back in 1792! I can't wait to go back there and paint new different views of this amazing treasure. Thanks Patty!
Thanks so much Patty!

2 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I like this piece. I also noted you like Nora Jones. I like her song with the words "the lines on your face don't bother me..." Very comforting when you get old.

loriann signori said...

Lisa, I know that song and I know what you mean about comforting. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I enjoyed your blog as well.