Sunday, February 28, 2010
more experimentation with monotypes
I tried Rives BFK and a mulbery block print paper (made by Black Ink). I found it best to spray lightly with water before printing. My printing tools were the tried and true brayer and wooden spoon. The consistent piece in all of these is that they were created on a copper plate.
Every artist has different feelings about the special methods that make things "my way." My feelings are to share, I don't own the information and if I can help another artist, great. My work is hopefully special not because of my methods, but because of the feeling that goes in them.
from left to right, top to bottom
1.paint, ink, liquin, on mulberry
2.paint, ink, BFK
3. paint, ink, BFK
4. paint ink, liquin, BFK
5.ink, liquin, mulberry
6.ink, liquin, BFK
While these monotypes are not very exciting, they are experimentation. I will post more explorations on Tuesday. In the next ones I feel I start to comprehend my methods. New ways and pastel added... stay tuned;-)